- 175g butter, melted
- 140g honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 250g raw peeled pumpkin, coarsely grated
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 350g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- Handful of leftover pumpkin seeds – optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C – fan 160C.
- Take a 1.5kg loaf tin and butter and line the base and two long sides.
- Mix the butter, honey and egg, and stir in the pumpkin or squash.
- Then mix in the sugar, flour and ginger.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle the top with the demerara sugar and pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until risen and golden brown.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve thickly sliced, alongside butter – great as a stater or complimentary snack!