Makes 20 mini fish cakes
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 egg yolk
- 140g smoked salmon trimmings, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, plus a little extra for topping
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour mixed with 1tsp coarsely ground pepper
- A touch of oil – for frying
- Microwave potatoes on high for 10 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Scoop the inside out of the skin, then mash and leave to cool.
- Season with olive oil, lemon zest and juice to taste, then mix in the egg, salmon and parsley.
- Shape into small rounds 3cm wide and 1cm deep. Chill for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Dust each cake with the peppered flour, then fry over a low heat in a little oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve garnished with the parsley and a lemon wedge.