- 6 large russet potatoes (or similar), peeled and boiled
- 6 spring onions, chopped finely
- 120ml milk (you could use cream if you want to make it more rich and indulgent)
- 8oz kale, chopped and steamed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 strips bacon, fried until crisp
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a pan, simmer on low heat the milk or cream with the spring onions, and seasoning. Bring the mixture to a boil then add the chopped, steamed kale, and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add the milk mixture to the pan with your already cooked potatoes and beat until smooth, with no lumps.
- Fold through the crispy bacon, crumbled into pieces, saving a little for the top.
- Serve with fresh parsley, an extra bit of butter, and some bacon.